1. Favourite childhood book?
Little Darlings by Jacqueline Wilson.
2. What are you reading right now?
Replica by Lauren Oliver! I have read Lyra’s point of view, I am now reading Gemma’s.
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
I have none, actually… I’m a book buyer and collector. I keep almost every book I am given or have read unless someone has lent it to me.
4. Bad book habit?
I never stop buying books! Even when I know I have over 100 unread books, I still find a reason and room to buy more.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
No books, like I said in question 3.
6. Do you have an e-reader?
No I don’t, but my parents have one each. I’ve only ever read ONE book digitally and that was on my phone.
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
One at a time! As long as I can help it, anyway.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
I’ve read more often. I try and read at least one book a week now, if I know I will be able to. I was still an avid reader before my blog, but if I had places to be, I didn’t read as much; now I make time to read, even if the book hasn’t got to that gripping place yet.
9. Least favourite book you read this year (so far)?
That would have to be Picture me Gone by Meg Rosoff. There were no speech marks in the book! It was so difficult to read as I had no idea when someone was speaking and when someone wasn’t! I’m sure I would be able to enjoy it if the book was written properly, but I couldn’t because it was just so peeving to read!
10. Favourite book you’ve read this year?
That would have to be the amazing Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver!
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Not usually… but there’s not usually a book that is out of my comfort zone. Honest.
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Anything! But the main categories are… Romance Contemporary/ urban fantasy/ psychological thrillers/ boarding school based books/ road trip novels/ mental health fiction books.
13. Can you read on the bus?
I usually do!
14. Favourite place to read?
On the train. I could happily sit on a train for hours and just read… next to a pool or a beach in the sun somewhere hot…in the car. My dad was once driving around for four hours and I was just sat at the back reading happily.
15. What is your policy on book lending?
My books are SPECIAL! You are special if I lend you a book! I don’t do it often because so many of my books have got ruined or gone missing when I’ve lent them out before!
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
No! Why would I hurt my books!?
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
No! Why would I ruin the pages!?
18. Not even with text books?
19. What is your favourite language to read in?
English, as I can only fluently understand English.
20. What makes you love a book?
The world you escape into, away from the reality you live in. It’s a way of getting away from everything and living as someone else far away in a different world to you!
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
The story and the way its written; how the characters are portrayed through text.
22. Favourite genre?
Psychological thrillers or mental health fiction.
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)?
Period/historical; I just can never get into them… I don’t know why.
24. Favourite biography?
I’ve only ever read Miley Cyrus’ so… her’s.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Yes! About bullying.
26. Favourite cookbook?
Anything that has cake!
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
Holding up the Universe by Jennifer Niven. Review to it HERE!
28. Favourite reading snack?
A cup of tea.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience?
I don’t think I’ve ever had that…
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I try not to read reviews until I’ve read the book myself, so I am certain of my own opinion before reading about other’s. So it depends…
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I feel bad about it, but it has to be done. I’m going to warn people before they read a book that I think of as a bad book, but I’m not going to stop them reading it though as they may enjoy it.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Japanese or Chinese… I think it would be interesting.
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
I don’t think I’ve ever come across a book that has intimidated me…
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Again, I don’t know…
35. Favourite Poet?
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
None. I buy books, remember?!
37. How often have you returned books to the library unread?
38. Favourite fictional character?
39. Favourite fictional villain?
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
My current book I’m reading, two new books and two new comic books. I usually get through the comics, the book I’m reading and one of the two new books…
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
Two weeks… It was torture!
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
People talking to me…
44. Favourite film adaptation of a novel?
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban… and The Dark Knight.
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
The Maze Runner… I just can’t… Nope… No.
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
Oh, definitely over £100… I mean only £20 mum; I promise! Eh… hehe.
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
I never skim read a book! I don’t know how and would never want to. I love to READ the book. Before I buy it I’ll read the blurb and then the first couple of pages. If I like it, I’ll buy it.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
If I’ve gotten half way through a book, it means I like it, so I’m not going to stop reading it!
49. Do you like to keep your books organised?
Yes! I try to… anyway… it’s quite hard now as I can’t fit all of my books onto my two bookshelves.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
Keep! They hold my own hidden world. They hold memories. No, I will never let them go!
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
Fifty Shades of Grey, The Women in Black, and a couple more I can’t really remember the names of.
52. Name a book that made you angry.
Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff…
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
I don’t think I’ve ever picked up a book that I didn’t think I would enjoy… so I don’t know.
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
I don’t actually know or remember…
55. Favourite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Harry Potter; any Jacqueline Wilson; my giant Roald Dahl book.